martes, 24 de abril de 2018

Miniature Crafting Challenge 8: Colour of the Year - Ultra Violet

Dear Readers:

This last challenge is a color challenge.
"Ultra Violet" is the color that the Panton Company has chosen for 2018, so projects for this challenge should use the color "ultra violet", purple, violet or lavender in some way.

I have always wanted to decorate a bedroom in those colours and this challenge encouraged me to do it.

First of all, I dressed the bed using these fabrics, ribbons and lace trim.



And that´s how it turned out.




I also used some purple felt and a piece of ribbon to make a pair of slippers.



I made a lamp, a tiny candle and a little box for the bedside table.


I used the following materials.






I painted the tiny piece of wire in black to make the candle wick.


I made some bottles of perfume for the dresser.






I didn´t take pictures of the process as all the projects are quite simple but I took pictures of the materials I used to make them.




This ball of wool inspired me to make a rug.







I made the rug sticking strings of wool to a rectangular piece of cardboard covered with double sided tape.






For the wall, I made some pictures with pressed flowers I picked up myself.




I used pink corrugated paper that I painted in light purple color for the frames.


I also made this pillow, the bag (I used a  mini size binder clip this time), and the basket but I didn´t make the crocheted rug as I have no idea how to crochet. My grandma, on my mother´s side, made it long time ago. She passed away when I was only one year old. My mum told me that was her favourite color.



This is the final result. 




View from a different angle.



The funny thing is that I didn´t have any of my Sylvanians in mind when I was decorating the room. Once it was finished, I thought it could suit Stella Chocolate or Lulu Golightly but they are not part of my collection yet.



Then, I remembered that Kate Periwinkle´s favourite color is violet.

That´s why she chose light violet paint for the walls of  The Blackcurrant Café she runs with her husband Alex.



When Kate saw the room she loved it to bits!
Here she is relaxing after putting her kids to bed. She also likes reading before going to sleep.



As you can see, she´s wearing a satin lilac nightgown that matches perfectly with the room.




I should have asked Alex for his opinion on the new bedroom but I know he doesn´t mind the choice of color or the decor of the room as long as Kate is happy with it. 
Well, there is just one small detail  that bothers him a little bit.

"Kate, love, do we really need so many  decorative pillows?"

"Of course, Alex!They give the bed a nice touch".

Alex just rolled his eyes and sighed. He doesn´t see the point of taking the time to pile all these pillows when he makes the bed in the morning and then put them away on a chair at night.

Haha!(Alex and the fuss with the pillows reminds me of my husband)




I´m afraid the bed is a bit small for the two of them but they are happy to snuggle up.

Sweet dreams!





Now, I´m going to tell you about a gift I got from one of my pupils a few days ago when I was still working on this color project.
Her grandma handmade this lovely crocheted glass jar for me.
I thought it was a really sweet gesture and look at the color! Isn´t it a funny coincidence?


The jar is meant to be used to place a candle inside , as a pencil holder or even to store craft supplies.


I like it so much that I wanted to share it with you.  

A big hug, my friends!

Illustration by Susan Wheeler












11 comentarios:

  1. Yay! I am always very excited when you uplaod;)) this is definately my favoirite challenge so far... probably cos purple is my favourite colour;)) definately gonna make one of my sylvanian rooms purple!! Big hugs xx

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Isla! Thank for your comment! I like purple too and I´m glad I finally decorated a room in this colour. I´m quite happy with the final result. You should use this colour to decorate a room for one of your sylvanians.

      Eliminar
    2. Ahhh i am glad you are hapoy with your room. You certainly should be!! I have decorated one of my sylvanian rooms and am very hapoy!! Thanks for the inspiration :))

      Eliminar
  2. Such a beautiful room!
    And it’s lovely that you could use the crochet made by your grandmother, I too have a few small miniatures made by my grandmother.
    And the cushions, lol, I know so many men who question the amount of cushions needed on a bed! Lovely, just so lovely!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Chill! Thanks for your kind words!My grandma´s crochet made this room more special to me.

      Eliminar
  3. Amazing decorating Cutata! You have a real eye for detail! I love all the purple and it is nice how you could include that little rug made by your grandmother, it adds just a bit more feeling and emotion to the room. Kate I can tell is loving it and tell Alex that he is not the only male who has questioned about the amount of cushions needed, here in Dandelion Creek and in the real world many have asked that too!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Emily! Thanks for your comment! I really enjoyed decorating this room. At first, I only thought of making the bedding but then I thought of adding other items and I ended up decorating the whole room.Alex is the one who makes the bed in the morning while Kate prepares breakfast, that´s why he complains about the amount of cushions he has to place every single morning on the bed just for decorative purposes.

      Eliminar
  4. Hello Cutata!


    Happy Spring!! I am so happy to be able to comment on this post of yours today.

    I have to tell you, this time I cannot point out a "favourite" item at all, as ALL your handmade accessories for the lavender room are STUNNING. I am so jealous of your excellent crafting skills when it comes to working with fabrics. :)

    Do you find ways to craft these things as you go along, or do you check out other peoples' tutorials first?


    Hugs and kisses from Riverside,
    Nina

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Nina! It´s great to hear from you again!
      Thanks for your comment! Don´t be jealous of my crafting skills with fabrics,I have to admit there´s not a single stitch, just glue and double sided tape. Sewing takes a lot of time and I didn´t have much time to spend on this project (and sewing is not my favourite hobby. )
      Even though I´ve always wanted to decorated a room in purple,I didn´t have this room planned at all. As I just wrote in the previous reply, at first I only thought of dressing up a bed but then I started to picture the room in my mind and kept working on adding more details.
      I usually craft miniatures as I go along. I don´t have much time to spend searching for tutorials but if I follow a tutorial I leave the link to it.
      I´m glad you like my room and I´m happy you´re back!

      Eliminar
  5. This is beautiful! I absolutely love it. Kate is a lucky lady.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Thank so much Fox for your kind words! Kate is delighted with her purple bedroom. I´m also quite happy with how it turned out.

    ResponderEliminar