martes, 30 de enero de 2018

Crafting miniature challenge 2: "Scrubby Dubby"

Dear Readers,

The fortnightly theme for the second forum crafting miniature challenge was "Scrubby Dubby" so it was time to think "clean and tidy".

I made something for the Nursery and for the Macavities´bathroom.

Let´s start with the projects for the Nursery.


This corner looked a bit cluttered and messy  and Lucy Fenton wanted to do something about it so I gave her a hand and I made... 



a toy basket. This will be of good help to keep the nursery tidy.



"It´s time to tidy up, kids!" 



"Clean up, clean up, everybody let´s clean up. Clean up, clean up, put your toys away" The children started singing.



"That ´s much better! Tidy place, tidy mind".Lucy says



I also made a baby wipes dispenser using a toothpaste flip top cap.


Baby wipes are very useful to clean up the mess of tempera paint and rest of playdough on tables but also to make sure all the kids have clean hands and faces when they are getting ready to go back home.



"Show me your little hands!" 





My third miniature for this challenge is a laundry basket.
A big laundry basket is what Cassandra needed for her large family.


No more dirty clothes piled up on the floor.


I also made a scrubbing brush and a mop.

Today is Alonzo´s turn to clean the bathroom.

"Let´s give the bath a good scrub".


I made the scrubbing brush using a small piece of wood and  the rough, scratchy side of adhesive velcro. A quick and simple project as you can see.


And finally,this is the mop.I followed the steps of this tutorial



I´m afraid Alonso used a little too much floor cleaner, don´t you think so? 


Hope you liked my mini projects for this challenge. 

Thanks for reading!

A big hug!





13 comentarios:

  1. Your mini projects look amazing once again! I hope that Alonzo managed to wash off the soap and the floor didn't turn out to be sticky because of the dried soap!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Emily! Thank you for your comment. Poor Alonzo! Rinsing the soapy water on the floor was a hard task for him! He had to empty the soapy bucket and fill it with clear water several times but eventually he managed to leave the floor spotless.

      Eliminar
  2. Excellent projects! So cute toy basket and laundry basket ^^ I had never thought of using a tooth paste flip flop top for cleaning wipes. Your mop looks flueffier than my broom :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Suvenkorento! Thank you for your comment! I used soft cord for the mop but I think the material you used for your bromm suits it better as brooms are meant to be rougher.

      Eliminar
  3. Fabulous photos of fabulous diy projects! My favorite is the baby wipes - so clever. Also I very much like your use of different colors of string on the toy basket. This was such a fun challenge!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Icepixie! Thank you for your comment. The baby wipes and the scrub brush were very quick and easy projects. I used different colours of string to make the toy box look more cheerful and to match Lucy´s dress colours.

      Eliminar
  4. Bravo Cutata, your projects are wonderful! Loved the idea of making mini baskets with strings! The photos are fantastic too! The one with the babies cleaning up the toys is so cute and also the one with Alonso mopping the floor is awesome!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Sylvanako! Thank you for your comment! Making baskets with string is quick and easy too but you get very sticky fingers:) The picture of the babies cleaning up the toys wasn´t easy to take. The toys kept falling off their Little hands even with double sided tape again and again. I like Alonzo´s picture too but he didn´t like my idea of the soapy water on the floor.Rinsing time was hard for him!

      Eliminar
  5. Oh these are Fantastic Cutata!!! I love the toy basket!! wish i was that creative to make things like that! :) I love the nursery pics... they are sooo cutes! well done!
    lynne x

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hi Lynne! Thank you so much for your comment!Baskets are quite easy to make and very handy to hide things and keep stuff tidy. Now, Lucy is much happier when she looks at the play corner and she sees all the toys together in the basket

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Sooo cute!! I love all the projects but i especially like the scrubbing brush... so simple but effective. Great job!!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Thank you Isla! The scrubbing brush is another quick and simple project. I´m glad you like it.

    ResponderEliminar