viernes, 8 de enero de 2016

My Christmas presents!!

Dear Readers,

First of all I´d like to wish you a very Happy New Year.

This is my first post of the year and I´m going to show you my Christmas presents.

I got my Christmas presents just two days ago, on the 6th of January. Do you know why? I´ll tell you a bit about this Spanish Christmas tradition.

In Spain some people get presents on Christmas Day but the tradition of gift giving is on the 6th of January."Los Reyes Magos" The Three Wise Men are the ones who bring Christmas presents.




I have the feeling that the Christmas atmosphere lasts for longer in Spain than in other countries since the 6th of January is a very special day not only for children but also for adults.
In the evening of January the 5th the Three Wise Men arrive with a traditional parade known as "Cabalgata de Reyes" .This parade takes place in every town, city and even villages. Children and their parents crowd the streets to see the Three Kings who ride upon floats decorated with bright colours and inspired in popular children´s cartoon characters. The Three Wise Men throw sweets  and wave their hands greeting the people who are lining the streets. 

 
 




I remember the excitement of going to the parade when I was a child and how hard I found to fall asleep that night.
Now as an adult and mother of three I still have the same feeling. There is something magic about it.
I love to see my children´s faces when they see the Three Wise Men and when they open their presents in the morning of the 6th of January. That´s the best present for me but to be honest with you I also enjoy opening my presents and that´s what I´m going to show you.


 I got some presents from "the real world", so to speak, and some from "the Sylvanian world".




A lovely bag, a calendar by gorjuss, a colourful pencil case, a notebook and a matching make up bag are my presents from "the real world" and I really like them

This is the first year I get Sylvanians at Christmas since it´s my first year collecting them.  I got these nice little sets.




The ice cream shop is really cute. I didn´t have time to put the stickers yet .I didn´t even take the ice cream cones out of the plastic but I´m looking forward to setting it up.


 I really wanted to get this set. Freya looks very nice in her school uniform and I love all the  musical instruments, specially the piano.



This is also a lovely little set, the bench is quite big and very well made, the fountain is really nice too.


 
 And the cooking set. The attention to detail in this set is great. I love it!!!!


I also got some miniature items to use in my stories or to decorate a house.


What do you think? Do you like my presents? I´m over the moon!!

I´d like to write a review about some of them or take some pictures.Quite busy at the moment but I will sooner or later.

Thank you so much to "The Three Wise Men" for bringing me such nice presents. 

And thank you to all my readers for letting me share the things I like with them.

Lots of love

9 comentarios:

  1. Congratulations to such wonderful presents! I adore the bag you got - it is very pretty. The sylvanian ones are of course fantastic too, especially the school music set - it's on my wishlist too.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Oh and I love your Christmas traditions in Spain - it is so different than in Germany, but it makes totally sense! :D

      Eliminar
    2. Thank you Kyraja!. I agree with you, the bag is lovely and the music set is very cute. Hope you get it soon.
      This Christmas tradition is very special and as I said it makes Christmas last longer.

      Eliminar
  2. Merry Christmas!! I love your traditions in Spain as well, they are quite different from the ones we have here in the US. :)
    And your presents are really cool too! The non-sylvanian things are very cute as well as the sylvanian ones. :) I'd love to see pictures.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Julia!. I´m very happy with all my presents. Looking forward to taking some pictures and post them on the blog but work and family are keeping me busy at the moment.

      Eliminar
  3. Wow that is a cool tradition about the wise men! And making Christmas last longer! (I'd love anything that makes Christmas last longer!)
    Very cool gifts, those miniatures are detailed, absolutely gorgeous.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you for your comment Christine!! You´re right! This tradition makes Christmas last for longer and that´s great!! Sylvanian gifts are really cute, I love all the little details.

      Eliminar
  4. Aaaah, I got the school music set as well for christmas =)
    Emily

    ResponderEliminar