domingo, 28 de febrero de 2016

A ride to the bakery


Dear Readers,
A couple of months ago I bought the set "Cycling with mother" and I took some pictures to illustrate it. At the moment I´m working on a story about Christopher Appleblossom who runs the Water Mill Bakery but I haven´t finished it yet.As I had these picures I thought of putting them together and write a short and simple story and this is the result:


Penny Farthing and her baby son Rally set out each morning on their bike to buy bread from the Water Mill Bakery.




"Here we are Rally".The bakery is a long way from their home but Penny loves cycling and Rally enjoys the ride too.



Penny takes Rally out of the basket. "Come here,love"


Then, she parks her bike.



Rally!! Mind the water!You´re going to get wet!



"Be a good boy and don´t touch anything , ok? "


 "Morning Penny!" What can I get you today? 
"Two loaves of bread, please, Christopher."


 Two fresh baked loaves straight from the oven.


" Here is your bread, Penny"
"Mmm, it looks and smells delicious, Chris"


 "Rally!!"I told you not to touch anything!"


"Come here you little rascal"



 "Rally bread" ,"Rally hungry".



Christopher took one of his tasty pastries



  
and gave it to Rally . "Thank you Christopher. You´re so kind" Penny said gratefully.



"Bye, bye" Baby Rally said . "See you tomorrow, Christopher. I´ll make sure he has something to eat before coming to collect the bread" . "No problem , Penny.Don´t you worry about it!"




A pretty gingerbread house caught Penny´s eye as she was leaving. "It looks lovely and it must taste delicious" she thought herself.



Rally loves to go to the bakery. It wasn´t the first time Christopher Appleblossom gave  him one of his nice treats. Yummy!!


 "Morning, Penny" Hi, Rally, that´s a nice pastry, isn´t it? Cassandra Macavity greeted.
She also goes to the bakery every morning to buy baguettes to prepare the garlic bread she sells in her pizzeria-italian restaurant.


"Ready, Rally?, let´s go home.



Penny and Rally went back home carrying the bread in the basket on the back. Tomorrow they´ll go for another ride to the bakery. Rally looks very happy sitting on the front basket. "Faster, mum, faster. Rally hungry, Rally bread home"
"Are you hungry, again?" Penny asked surprised.
"Ok, I´ll give some bread when we get home" .
Yipeee!!! he exclaimed. Bread from the Water Mill bakery was so good...!! 



I told you it was a bit simple but I think some of the photos are nice.

Did you know that the Water Mill Bakery was one of the first buildings I felt in love with?. Actually , the firt time I ever bid on ebay was on this building and I won the auction :) (once again postage was very high:( but I was over the moon. Sadly some of the nicest bits and pieces that came with it were missing such as the croissants and the biscuits faces but at least Mr. Appleblossom was included.

As I told you in the introduction to the story,  I´ll be posting another story about the bakery very soon.

If some of you have had a look at the page on my blog about "My  Sylvanian Families" you would have noticed that Penny Farthing is not included as the villagers of "Sweet Berry Valley". The reason is I didn´t kwow what to write on her bio. Was she a single mother or a widow? Was she married but her husband was working abroad...? I had my doubts about it so I didn´t post any picture and didn´t write a bio for her.

A few days ago I did some online shopping, actually all my sylvanian shoppping so far has been online. Can you believe I haven´t found a shop that sells sylvanians?. Anyway,  I got the set "A day at the seaside" so now Penny has a husband and two children :) At some stage I´ll write their bio and post their picture.



 And that´s all for today. I´ll show you some other items I bought in future posts.

Thank you for reading!

Lots of love



14 comentarios:

  1. Aww such a sweet simple story. I love your diorama setup!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. It was such a cute and lovely story! Rally made me giggle! I agree- the watermill bakery is such a pretty building- One day I need to have it too.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Kyraja. My baby son inspire some of my stories. He is bit like Rally in this story.

      Eliminar
  3. Don't have to say too many words! Your beautiful pictures tell the story!!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you sylvanako! Talking about beautiful pictures I could spend hours looking at yours in flickr.

      Eliminar
  4. Lovely story. I love your backgrounds in the pictures too. I don't have a WAter mill bakery but love it too :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you for your comment!Backgrounds make a difference. I painted one myself. I meant to paint another one when I have more time.

      Eliminar
  5. Gorgeous photos - your bakery is absolutely lovely :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Aranera! The Water Mill Bakery is a lovely building when I saw it, it was love at first sight!

      Eliminar
  6. Even though it was short, it was so cute and yes the pictures was pretty special! Well done! And I am glad that Penny get to have a husband and another child. Single parents always have a bit of a sad story, which I feel don't belong in Sylvania!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Thank you for your comment Eaton! I agree with you. I just didn´t see Penny and Rally on their own in Sylvania, it didn´t feel right to me.
    I´m glad I bought the "day at the seaside" set. The only problem is that Harley and Vespa haven´t got shirts and I´m hopeless at sewing. Their outfit is perfect for the beach but for everyday life...I´ll just borrow one from some other villagers.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Hello Cutata!!!


    Rally is very cute! :)

    I enjoyed reading your story. Your photographs are beautiful and I love the Water Mill Bakery and all its tiny pastries.

    In my case, the Water Mill Bakery was the second Sylvanian Families building I purchased. :) It is currently still being run by the Periwinkles, although they must have hired some help during the times they went traveling to Finland and New York.

    I wasn't able to buy any Sylvanian Families items in the shops until they started selling them here in Germany about a year (or two?) ago. Before that, I had to do all my Sylvanian Families shopping on the internet, too!


    Have a great week! :)
    Nina

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Nina,
      Nice to hear about you! Thank you for your comment !
      It´s a pity Sylvanian Families are not as popular in Spain as they´re in other countries but at least I can buy online.
      I dream of going to Sylvanian Store Keepers in London . It would be great, a shop full of Sylvanians!( not so good for my credit card, I´m aftraid ;)
      Have a nice week you too!

      Eliminar